Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Joanie is here!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Avione's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 21st, 2005
    Posts
    140
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    YAY!

    I was so excited while I opened the box that I was practically shaking. Joanie's here and she's beautiful! I was shocked, actually, at how great she looked after her long trip (I know I don't look that good after so long on the road). She is SO much cuter in person, a real little jewel (AGT 23). Her hair is great, I love her freckles and clothes and smile and pretty much everything! I didn't think that I would really like the AG smile, but now that I'm seeing the real thing it's adorable. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    The Licorice's Best Friend outfit I ordered is a little bit tight on her. Maybe she's a bit chubby? Without any other AGs to compare her to I'm really not sure.

    I will get pictures up when I can, but alas my digital camera is not cooperating as much as I would like. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

    I checked her for flaws and stuff, and everything seems perfect except her right eye. When she's standing her right eyelashes seem just a hint lower than the left ones, but the eye still looks fully open and really it's not noticeable at all. Her eyes both close completely too, but when she's tilted, her left eye is more closed than her right. Should I be worried? I've decided only to be concerned if this sort of thing gets worse, because right now she's the prettiest doll I ever saw and I want to keep her very much. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm looking forward to showing her off once I get the pictures online.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations on your new doll. Enjoy Joanie!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    YAY!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!!! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    I want also #23 for another character I want to do.... [img]wink.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mayergirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    789
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Congrats!! Don't worry about her eye [img]wink.gif[/img] Sometimes they're just crooked. My Kirsten was like this, and I fixed it by "exercising" her eye. I opened and closed it over and over and over, and now it's perfect. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member linzystar's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2005
    Posts
    167
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome Joanie! #23 is a beautiful doll!

  6. #6
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    The Licorice's Best Friend outfit I ordered is a little bit tight on her. Maybe she's a bit chubby? Without any other AGs to compare her to I'm really not sure.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I can relate completely. I just got #24 yesterday and I had to take off her underpants to make the "weekend fun" pants fit properly. With her undies on, I couldn't get them to fit her bum properly.

    Congrats on Joanie!! She's a beautiful doll! And truth be told I had a heck of a time deciding between getting #23 and #24. #23 has such beautiful blue eyes. I hope to eventually see pics of Joanie! Also, I'm having lots of hair fun with my side-part girl! I bet you are too.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm so glad Joanie has arrived and that you love her. [img]smile.gif[/img] There's nothing like opening up a new doll! Congratulations on your new girl!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member kymmy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2003
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't worry about the eye. Our Twin girl Sarah has slightly lower lashes on the right.

    Enjoy her!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member judiaci's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2003
    Posts
    2,354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congratulations! I love #23. I think she is the prettiest doll we own. The licorice outfit does run on the tight side. I think that is the style of it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member acorniv's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It sounds like this is your first AG doll - I wish you many happy years together.

    I agree with the others - this is not the sort of eye problem that gets worse, or really, can be helped. I think it does ofen get better, not worse with time.

    Enjoy

    Popsie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •